Material Handler I
Department: Parts Distribution Center
Location: Ontario, CA
Reports To: Material Lead Person
Performs assigned warehouse duties including, but not limited to, receiving, stock control, order picking, packing, shipping, and housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transports items to storage areas and places items in correct primary bin.
- Packages items for added protection.
- Assembles component items into kit form.
- Performs physical counts to verify inventory accuracy.
- Selects items from bins to fill customer orders.
- Verifies accuracy and pre-sorts items.
- Checks picked items for accuracy prior to final sort.
SORTING / PACKING
- Transports items from picking zones to sort/pack area.
- Performs final sort to prepare individual customer orders for packing.
- Performs final check for order accuracy.
- Determines packaging requirements and packs items accordingly for shipment.
- Loads cartons into carrier vehicles.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well organized work area.
- Operates industrial trucks, possibly to heights exceeding twenty-two feet, to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet with accurate job codes and time measurement.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Will perform Material Handler II duties as part of training for promotion.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or GED is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You can send your resume to our Human Resources