Internal Audit Manager
Reports To: President and Committee of Corporate Social Responsibility
Summary: This position executes J-Sox and other internal audit projects to promote and ensure a strong financial and business control environment. It requires working closely with Director of Accounting in order to achieve maximum efficiency in completing tasks and reporting to Committee of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Kawasaki Heavy Industry, Ltd. (KHI - Parent.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(Ranked in order of importance)
- Plan and perform testing of design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Inform and discuss all aspects of internal audit projects and control environment with Director of Accounting.
- Prepare/update/maintain documentation with process owners and identify design deficiencies and internal controls.
- Coordinate with process owners for the remediation of design/operating deficiencies.
- Track the progress of J-Sox projects.
- Complete the audit work assigned and verify that all audit objectives for the assignment are met in a timely manner, according to established guidelines, and under the guidance of the Committee of Corporate Social Responsibility and Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
- Assist External Auditors for their annual audit.
- Communicate with and present findings/results to the Committee of Corporate Social Responsibility and Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
- As required, consults and supports other Kawasaki companies with J-Sox compliance.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is mandatory, CPA/CIA preferred plus 7 to 10 years experience in accounting and auditing. Must have experience in implementing J-Sox and/or U.S. Sox compliance.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably Japanese.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented.
- Must bring energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts.
Minimal travel maybe required.
To perform this job successfully, you should have solid knowledge and experience working with Microsoft's Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio software.
You can send your resume to our Human Resources